- Women with families.
- Office workers (25-35 years).
Target audience behavior
After experiencing the first symptoms of the disease (running nose, sore throat), consumers try to find a quick solution to their problem. In case of urgent need, 44% of users make a search query on the Internet, 37% ask for advice from relatives, only 26% - consult a pharmacist, and 21% - go to their local doctor. The most active, in these cases, the Internet is used by audiences aged 25 to 34 years.
- 3 out of 4 nasal spray consumers choose the product by themselves;
- 2 out of 3 do that when they face the problem;
- Almost every 2nd consumer bases their choice on information from the Internet and the advice of acquaintances and relatives.
We chose Google Display & Video 360 as a tool to perform the task of reaching the target audience.
This tool was chosen for the following reasons:
- Advanced targeting settings;
- Flexible correction of the frequency of communication with the user;
- Quick moderation;
- Ability to analyze the audience with subsequent targeting settings.
A. Example of setting up interest-based targeting, targeted on the family audience:
- Travel »Travel Lovers» Family Vacationers
- Lifestyle and hobbies "Family-oriented
- Media & Entertainment »TV Lovers» Family TV Fans
- Media & Entertainment »Movie Lovers» Family Movie Fans
B. Brand security and credibility:
To avoid associating a brand with the content of "questionable" origin, we always exclude categories of such sites from targeting. For example, sites with content in the following categories have been excluded:
- Weapons, Tobacco, Violence, Profanity, Tragedies, Religion, Alcohol, Gambling, and more…
Frequency of communication
There is a lot of research on the required frequency of communication with the user. Our task, on the one hand, is to inform consumers about the availability of the brand's products and increase coverage, and on the other hand - to ensure the memorability of this advertising.
From my own experience, the best strategy for adjusting the frequency of communication is the following:
- Per day: no more than 2 banner displays per user;
- Per week: no more than 4 banner displays per user;
- Per month: No more than 6 banner displays per user.
Advanced targeting settings
In addition to the basic targeting settings, we use many technical settings that play an important role in the work of the advertising campaign. For example, age of target audience, gender, placement sites (exclusion list), placement platforms, impressions in the visible area of the screen, quality of placement platforms, and more.
Reporting and outcome
We use personalized interactive reports in Google Data Studio for all our projects. Such reporting allows the agency to respond quickly to changes in performance, and the client to understand how advertising performs.
The cost of creatives’ placement has been reduced by optimizing the work of the advertising campaign. This, in turn, allowed to reach more target audiences within the established marketing budget.
The indicators set in the media plan have been achieved!